This year’s Race for Education will be a little different but still a ton of fun! We will be having a socially distant Turkey Trot on Tuesday, November 24th.
- Students are encouraged to buy a T-shirt from the online store and dress festively. https://stcasimirapparel202.itemorder.com/
- They will be running laps around the circle park with their class ONLY and wearing masks. Unfortunately no parents can come this year but we promise to post a lot of pictures.
- Race for Education is one of our school’s Most Profitable Fundraisers! In order to have a successful Race for Education we need YOUR HELP! We are encouraging people to make their donations on-line at www.stcasimirschool.us/news/turkey-trot. Remember to reference Race for Education and include your child’s name and grade.
- If you like you could also print out the Turkey Trot form to the right and send it to potential sponsors. Print it out on front to back so that you can fold it easily and put in the mail.
As the holidays approach we are trying to find new and exciting activities to help the students celebrate and simply have fun. To this extent, we are requesting each family pay a $20 Activity Fee to help defray the cost of these fun activities for the year instead of asking for two dollars here and two dollars there. Typically these activities would be covered under the $400 per student All-Inclusive Fee which was waived for this year. To pay the fee by the due date of October 19th please click HERE.
Principal's Weekly Email
School emails will be posted on Wednesdays in the blue box to the right.
Hot Lunch Program
Student Handbook for 2019-2020
You will receive a printed copy of the Student Handbook for 2019-2020 in September. Please read, tear out the last page, sign it and send it back to school with your child. You may also view the handbook by clicking the handbook at the bottom of the blue box to the right
Weather Related Closings and Delays
Saint Casimir School follows:
- Baltimore County Public Schools for weather related closings.
- If school is closed for the day it will be sent to you by text, phone, and e-mail. Baltimore County also announces on all local TV channels.
- If school closes 1 hour early we will dismiss at 2 p.m. ( Pre-K 3 and 4 full day and Grades K-8 ) No after care.
- If school closes 2 hours early we will dismiss at 1 p.m. No after care.
- If school opens with a one hour delay the school doors will open at 8:30 a.m. with teacher supervision. No before school care.
- If school opens with a 2 hour delay the school doors will open at 9:30 a.m. with before school care for registered students at 9 a.m.
Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- Doors Open at 7:45
- School Begins at 7:55
- Dismissal by Grade at 3:00
Pre -K 3 and Pre-K 4
- Doors Open at 7:45
- Staggered arrival 7:45-8:30
- School Begins at 8:30
- Half Day Students dismiss at 12:00
- Full Day Students dismiss at 2:45
All parents of students enrolling in St. Casimir School will have a School Admin account. This is where your checklist of forms to complete is located and also your link to FACTS. For School Admin sign-in click HERE.
Parents and students can access HERE.
After School Activities
We offer a variety of clubs and activities that students can participate in after school such as Science Club, Chess Club, Robotics Club, and Coding Club. Click HERE for information on how to register your child.
PowerSchool allows parents to keep current with their child's progress by viewing grades online. See how to set up a parent access account to view your student's grades and assignments on PowerSchool, or how to add a child to an existing PowerSchool account. For PowerSchool click HERE.
FACTS will continue to serve as the preferred provider for financial aid and tuition management service within the Archdiocese of Baltimore. All families are required to sign up and make payment through FACTS utilizing automatic payments (EFT) from a bank account, credit card, or processing checks sent to a secure processing center. Easy and convenient online registration will be available. For FACTS click HERE.
Home & School Association
The Home & School Association binds parents, students, and teachers more closely in a formal association. Parents are encouraged to attend the pre-announced, scheduled meetings during the year. For Home and School Information click HERE.
The mission of our school is to work with the parents in order to educate the students. There are numerous areas and activities where parents may volunteer to help the school. Parent volunteering opportunities exist both during the school day and outside of school hours. It is hoped that each family can find some area or activity to meet this need.
With our longstanding commitment in mind, all parishes and Archdiocesan Catholic schools use VIRTUS, a compliance management system that allows all parishes and schools to facilitate compliance with Archdiocesan child protection requirements for all volunteers who work with minors, employees, and clergy. For VIRTUS click HERE.
Uniforms are required by all students in grades K through 8th. Pre K students require gym uniforms only.
Transportation is provided by parents to and from school. Buses will be rented for group field trips.
All Archdiocesan high schools and elementary schools are accredited as a system through AdvancED. Each school is evaluated based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.
Positive School Environment
To foster a positive school environment where all students are educated in a safe and caring atmosphere, all Archdiocesan schools will follow established procedures for prevention and intervention for bullying, harassment or intimidation.
Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) has been implemented in every Archdiocesan elementary and high school to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
Hours of Operation
For information regarding school hours, summer office hours, and extended care hours, see Hours of Operation.